Frequently asked questions
How quickly do you see results with Gua Sha?
Results from using Gua Sha on the face can vary depending on factors such as skin type, frequency of use, and individual response. Some people report seeing immediate improvements in skin tone and complexion, as Gua Sha promotes lymphatic drainage and increases blood flow to the face. Other benefits, like reduced puffiness, improved firmness, and diminished fine lines, may be observed over time with consistent practice.
How To Use Gua Sha
1. Cleanse your face: Start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt or makeup.
2. Apply a facial oil or serum: Gua sha is typically done with a facial oil or serum to provide lubrication and help the tool glide smoothly on the skin. Apply a few drops of your preferred oil or serum to your face and neck.
3. Hold the Gua sha tool: Hold the Gua sha tool with the curved side against your skin. The tool should be held at a 15-45 degree angle, depending on the area you are working on.
4. Start with the neck: Begin by gently scraping the Gua sha tool along your neck, starting from the base and moving upwards towards the jawline. Use light to medium pressure and make several strokes on each area.
5. Move to the jawline and chin: Continue scraping the tool along your jawline, starting from the center and moving towards the ears. Then, move to the chin area and scrape from the center towards the ears.
6. Work on the cheeks: Use upward strokes on your cheeks, starting from the center and moving towards the temples. Repeat this motion several times on each cheek.
7. Focus on the eye area: Be extra gentle when working around the eye area. Use the curved part of the Gua sha tool to gently scrape from the inner corner of the eye towards the temples. Repeat this motion a few times.
8. Move to the forehead: Use upward strokes on your forehead, starting from the center and moving towards the hairline. Repeat this motion several times.
9. Finish with the eyebrows: Use the curved part of the Gua sha tool to gently scrape along your eyebrows, starting from the inner corner and moving towards the outer corner. Repeat this motion a few times.
10. Cleanse your face again: After using the Gua sha tool, cleanse your face again to remove any excess oil or serum.
Tip: It's important to be gentle and not apply too much pressure while using a Gua sha tool. If you experience any discomfort or pain, stop immediately.
What I should use with a Gua Sha?
1. Facial Oil: Applying a facial oil before using Gua Sha can enhance the glide of the tool on your face. It also helps to nourish and moisturize your skin.
2. Moisturizer or Cream: You can also apply your regular moisturizer or cream to create a smooth surface for the Gua Sha tool. This will help prevent any tugging or pulling on your skin.
3. Massage Oil or Body Cream: When using Gua Sha on your body, using a massage oil or body cream can provide better lubrication for the tool, making the massage more comfortable and effective. The Grey Agate Gua Sha can be used on both the face and body.
4. Serums or Essence: For your face, you may consider using a serum or essence that targets specific skin concerns, such as brightening or firming. Applying these products before Gua Sha can improve their absorption into the skin.
Remember to always cleanse your face and body before using Gua Sha to ensure optimal results. Also, be sure to choose products that are suitable for your skin type and address your specific needs.